Realize I have no time to work
You, me, you, you, you, you, them, them, us. Substitute names with pronouns (that is its grammatical function) but everyone is included, or were or will be, if it is working. And this I speak, I think and dwell on a thought, do work on work. We'll see. What is this work? Why and how people work? Do we work too much? "Work occupies the center of our life time, that is, our lives are working? Do we do because we are obliged to do so? What and who makes us? Do you enjoy, we are happy the work we do? What would we do with our time if we did not work? In short, the claim of start awakens and excites. Come by parties.
There is a first simple answer but I'm not good enough. The word "work" is etymologically derived from "Trevajer" which means "torture, suffering, effort." Derived from "Tripalium" operating as a kind of trap with that in ancient times some people were tortured. This concept of work as a synonym for torture must have an explanation. And I remember the teachings of the Bible that I was repeated with such affection by the Marist Brothers to explain the punishment that God would have chosen-creator of man and star of this book, before the sin of the first pair of these payments man woman "I will eat by the sweat of your brow. " I quickly realized two things involved in this scenario: 1) Work is a divine punishment and 2) industry was born that day deodorant sweat-so ... -. But I am thinking about the first conclusion: if not for the sin of our relatives do not exist this torture. "Wow, I think. "What bad luck in the Paradise of the time there were priests, because had there been one, Mr. Adam and Ms. Eve could have confessed and we would not have to work." I continue with my thoughts (and sorry for the digression but this shot and I probably shoot more because are all closely linked). The reality is that it is because there were no cures or it was confessional, the end result was that there was no case and God punished them and all those who came later had to be laburar (I wonder why so much punishment for future offspring if sin was any lack "voluntary" against God's law, what will we who came after the sin supposedly committed by our first origins? scares me a little (almost nothing at this point in my life). Is not there will be any sin of our great-grandparents, grandparents or parents who do not know and which will inherit a punishment? In short, the logic of the context that explained to me indicates this could be, but this is not the issue. Returning to work). Well, it was. We are condemned to work. This consequence of sin caused guilt (of punishment are generated guilt, remorse, anger, and it is also true, reflections). The point is that Labour on this issue is a fault contained our ancestors managed as they could. Among them are Protestants (about 2 version of Catholicism) who developed the theory of the atonement of guilt that led us to sweat and work. They found no better way to amend and remedy the guilt to turn the concept and an extraordinary creativity, the reality of work as punishment became the opposite: work as a virtue. They saw human occupation in the consistent effort, the sacrifices that often involves a kind of vehicle of salvation. The punishment that God imposed on men should be glorified. Something like take your cross with dignity and do not complain that it is a virtue. And so to boast to his followers did not take a vacation or feeling guilty, again, if they did ... They confused and manipulated the truth to the faithful into believing that the work (remember the etymology: torture) was a prize and Through this conception many people mistake the way and work hard and confusing and more also because half confused with truth. And they hurt their work thinking that they are enjoying a premium, when the reality is that torture without knowing it and that's what life is going. Analicémoslo. Let us then
this and ask: "Why work?". And the answer must, with its pluses and minuses, will be "to meet our needs." And here begins the best part. What are our needs? Enumerémoslas. I invite you, whom I read that you make your list, cross out and correct it, but do it. Of these listed needs What are the basic oy which the superfluous? "Which job? If I answer that only the basic work should answer in detail what my basic needs and when I say I work for my needs superfluous should have a good reason behind spend hours and hours and hours of my life working for something superfluous. Will I be a slave to my superficialities? And speaking of time: How much time I devote to my job? It may be the core of my life. Twelve hours a day devoted to the work, ten, eight. Is it so? Is this reasonable? Let us start with an extreme example but it happens, people between transport and laburo hours, it takes twelve hours to work What do I do in the other twelve hours a day? There would appear to average eight hours devoted to sleep, which I only have four hours of wakefulness, Monday through Friday. How I spend my free time? All we hear a phrase that is repeated like a whip: "I have no time", "I love to do, go with you, enjoy it, but I can not because I have to work." Is this okay? Reflect: no time to do anything that I like is synonymous with having no life to do what I enjoy. Do not have a life to be dead. Time if there is life there and available. The fact that chooses not to devote to what I most want is just that, a decision that can have a lot of logic behind, but not required absolute.
Let's review the logic. Let us start from the premise that the work is not bad, evil is not hard to live because of work, the bad is to forget to live to work, the bad is not knowing exactly answer what are the limits I am willing to cross the demands of my work, the trouble is not clear on priorities. Work
general insurance is a necessity for many like you who read me. But as necessary as gymnastics or walk every day or visit our affections, or not miss this performance of my children at school at the garden party or primary when it was a lion or playing the flute ... but not clear. I can not. I have to work. It is an obligation. If I get kicked out. I lose my career. What career? The work idiot. There are priorities ... priorities, hierarchies in the use of the time of my life, needs, interests, decisions, actions.
Work is a duty imposed upon me by history, culture to get something that allows me to live is to live well but not working and working well. Do not confuse the means with the end. I think he works hard in this life. Too. And the main reasons are two: 1st) We do not know what to do with our spare time. We do not understand leisure. Despise him instead of appreciating it. We prefer that someone at work tells us to do than tell ourselves how we spend our time. Outsource resource most expensive of our existence: the decision of what to do. We prefer that another decision ..., and 2nd) We feel guilty if you do not work hard. We vanaglioramos of company size, our hours spent, the effort to come to the silly to be proud of not taking holidays ... for the job ... See? Until we get to ponder and understand that it is not a good person, but "is a hard worker." "He goes to work" is said as a compliment and not thinking about the meaning.
Nobody says no to work. But nobody told us we should not think about what we do with our lives, our time with our "slavery" to meet needs that are not. Work should allow us to grow as a person and not the person is lost from work. Work is a means to give us the good life but the good life often means no work. Work well is health, is to create, to recreate, is also the "recreational" we miss the school, is fun, enthusiastic, but not otherwise, is not sick, not bored. This is not working well.
Human dignity is not given by the work done or the employer to whom he devotes his hours of the day. His dignity is a human being who is not the title of the work needed. The work is a job to live and not living is an occupation to work. Let us slowly but convinced: "Today I can not work. I have no time .... "
0 comments:
Post a Comment