have long been an issue that stings me enough about black music. Recently I was at the club from a friend and one of the security guards told me I was a radio announcer and had the best program of black music of Andalusia. As I was also a year working on the same media that there is sometimes a bit of bravado and made a couple of questions like "what style you pick" and such. He said that R & B basically. I explained my theory that it is ridiculous that this style is called that because it has nothing to do with R & B Blues and that it could have been another way of labeling currado. He told me what he was talking about. I asked him what his concept of Rhythm & Blues and his answer was disturbing: a style born in the 90's. I tried to explain where it came from and what were their characteristics and nothing. Looked at me to see an ignorant (which I am certain levels but do not presume to have had the best black music program under these conditions) and I did what you do with the mad, give a pat on the back and follow my own.
is not the first time something happens to me. Not only with the music but with many other things. For example, movies. Both remake brain is doing great harm to people. They have no idea what the origin or how much you can enjoy without 100 explosions per minute and epileptic mounts where you can hardly see anything. Let them.
If today someone asks me about something interesting for beginners in black music obviously the first thing I will do is make reference to the classics. Nothing can match the feeling of listening to James Brown, John Lee Hooker, Otis Redding, Robert Johnson, Sam Cooke, Muddy Waters and so many others . But as I hear it's more palatable from a current production of the first references that come to mind I would talk about Black Joe Lewis . Why? Simply because their records are a miracle review of many of the most beautiful and important pillars of this story, but with a fresh sound and current, more palatable to people used to consume music today. I've been tested. A few friends I have put several items on the character of this post and have seen the look in his eyes. Of course, I have asked for more.
Tell 'Em What Your Name Is! cataloged as a couple of years as one of my favorite albums of 2009 and I think it was a totally fair distinction. I kept listening and I think one of the best debuts of recent years. On March 15, hits stores hard time editing the second disc, you must confirm, with which everyone has his sights set on you if you stick your bump or soar like a solid band with much to say . In this respect I think Black Joe Lewis and his band, the Honeybears , must be extremely quiet. Have delivered another great album.
Scandalous (in Spotify ) meets in 11 songs Soul, Funky, Rock & Roll, Blues, Blues rithm and more. All this from a commendable wisdom and respect. No rare or recreations experiments nonsense. Strongly, with a lot of emotion when he plays and aggressive when you want to farrucos. With a splendid Honeybears , confirming that they are one of the best bands on the scene today Soul. Menudas fine guitars and horn section! We must be growing to not move with songs like Booty City, Black Snake Mustang Ranch or . Must have a cold heart not to get excited Since I Meet You Baby (from Solomon Burke ) or with that of viejuno shocking blues Messin '. It takes courage to not click You Been Lyin ' or Livin' In The Jungle out loud as you go with the helmets on the street and people look at you wondering what are those gait ...
Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears want to be one of the best bands rithm & Blues and Soul the current scene. Curran and it is not going astray. This attitude is also because Direct are very good. Even at times they were accompanied by people as honorable as ejp. Sylvain Sylvain showing how much they love making noise. Finally, Scandalous out on 15 this month, a day after Sensory Overdrive of Michael Monroe. We have only two and a half months of 2011 and the amount of good albums is still enormous. By God, to continue the streak!
0 comments:
Post a Comment