Tuesday, March 22, 2011

White Graduation Dresses Juniors

AMOS LEE - Mission Bell (2011)


a couple of months ago I came across Mission Bell, the new album Amos Lee, and from the beginning was a very pleasant surprise. Not the folk something that is my downfall, but there are often drives me attention. I have no idea whether gender purists will see as worthy of note that neither me sleep. I go by the feelings and these are really positive in the case of this type and his new album. It is also sponsored by Willie Nelson, who Collaborates on the song El Camino and this is also a plus and a small warranty.

After several weeks of listening to quite often asked my brother if he knew Amos Lee. His answer was disconcerting. " Norah Jones." "Excuse me?" "Norah Jones with tails." Damn, and me that I sounded very familiar sound. Could not define it better. His music is assimilated enough to that of the beautiful daughter of Ravi Shankar , saving some differences. folk would describe as very influential soul, without going over the obvious vein Pop , present in many songs.


But regardless of labels, which only serve to define and classify more easily, what really matters here are a handful of excellent songs, without further circumlocution. A comprehensive and enjoyable album that peak a month ago and was number one in the U.S. , according to the folkie revival there now in these latitudes and is high up to bands like The Decemberists (leader sales a week earlier) and other many more.

Amos Lee also has a complete discography in which I have not investigated but surely I will. Personally I am glad that in countries with more musical approach than we are is balancing the scales slightly in favor of more organic music and elaborate than those that came to dominate the last years. Both hip hop ultraproducido (with all my respect for this genre), Dj's cakes and the aforementioned R & B that I gave him three wax posts below. Interest is growing again by the rock the soul , the folk ...

few days ago for the second time I saw one of the wonderful Martin Scorsese documentary about the blues made. It some old bluesman said a sentence of wisdom overwhelming. "I like the roots because they have no shadows." I can not agree more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment